Friday 8 February 2008

Sinai again...

Back in one piece from Egypt, once again. This time I wasn't really collecting any new data. Instead I was helping a field trip to the study area for the industrial sponsors of the project. The trip went well, I think: it's such a great area that it would be difficult to make it uninteresting.

I'm going back in a few weeks with another field trip, so it's also good practice.

"City view" at the Maadi Towers Sofitel, Cairo.

Strange weather. It was cold, cloudy, windy and occasionally rainy. This is Gebel Hammam Faraun lurking through the weather from Wadi Wasit.

The bakery at Abu Zenima.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enquiring minds want to know if you sampled anything from the bakery.

Thanks for the photographs - interesting.

Paul Wilson said...

Heh...

In fact, I normally sample something from the bakery every day I'm out there. We drive through Abu Zenima every day on our way to the field area, and buy bread for sandwiches. The bread is actually pretty good: a bit like pita bread, so you can split it and stuff it with goodies (generally tuna, salad and tahina: sometimes sardines or bully beef). It hasn't made me ill yet...

Anonymous said...

Hi Paul

That's a freaky hotel in the picture!
Miles

ephraimgadsby@gmail.com